When designing, firstly, the task was to create a project of a low-cost, suitable for transportation on a trailer, a sailing-motor vessel for navigation on the inland waterways of Russia and Europe, including access to large lakes, reservoirs and coastal waters of the seas.
Therefore, seaworthiness and economy of the course were among the priorities.
The second important point: this vessel is planned to be used as a training for training future yachtsmen: children and adults in the basics of sail management, and as an expeditionary for long hikes.
Therefore, it has a long spacious cockpit - the crew will be located not in the stern, but closer to the amidships.
Sail-motor schooner "Legend":
- is simple to build; «Stitch and Glue» technology;
- trailer - suitable for carriage on a trailer by car, therefore, with a hull width of not more than 2.5 m;
- it has a lifting dashboard and therefore passes through shallow depths (0,4 m) and approaches the shore in any place; if necessary, it can be pulled out onto a gently sloping shore with a winch;
- great sailing and motor;
- bears the maximum sail area at a low center of sail (schooner or ketch);
- for passage under bridges the mast can be lowered;
- it will be possible to install any outboard motor with a reverse in a special well inside the cockpit;
- has a cabin of such dimensions that 3-4 people can spend the night in it, there is a galley (gas stove in gimbal), you can place a compact bio-toilet;
- has a large cockpit, it can accommodate many passengers (up to 8) and their weight does not affect the trim of the vessel.
The basic data of the sailing boat - schooner "Legend"